Sunday, June 29, 2008

How many blogs would a permission blogger blog if a permission blogger blogged permission?

Well, after eBay Live! there's also so much to do.....

Hey guys, I gotta get into the loop. I went into Manhattan yesterday and saw how much it had changed since I was a youngster skipping down the avenues.

Boy, Times Square, which I used to squrrie by quickly on my way to the theatre used to have about two places to eat in close by and a ton of "adult" bookstores...

Driving by yesterday on Broadway I saw every commercial sign flashing on huge billboards and streaming Ads - almost like if you took the most warped individual from a Madison Avenue Ad Agency who wanted to take "Information Overload" to it's most extreme conclusion. That's Times Square today. Oh, I know I should have a video for you, but next time!

The famous Seth Godin calls talks about Permission Marketing. I just bought a ton of his books at eBay Live! I bought an extra one because I was in the eBay bookshop buying them when he came in to autograph all his books. Seth, make a groovy autographed stamp - I'm sure you can invent one that has limited edition numbers and different colors with special squidoo ink. Make a litho stamp for book signing. Then only autograph a few on top of that in pencil. Those are the ones that will make it into the New Media Museum.

In the mean time (and I'm including Greenwich), I'm going to try to create my own little Times Square in cyberspace.

Hope to see you there!

No comments: