Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Trojan Horse Clue Found at Flightline Fabrications

Talk about outer space! There I was totally engrossed in reading fascinating stories on Flightline's incredible blog about the ancient City of Troy, then about Artifact: P-38 Lightning “Glacier Girl”, when all of sudden, literally out of nowhere there it was -- an OSI Clue about eBay Live! embedded right after The Historic Launch of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, well the plane, the plane.

It reminded me of the time when I was around twelve years old. My friend Stephanie and I were watching the Million Dollar Movie on tv. My mom always kept the "junk food" in this one huge draw in the kitchen. Steph went to find the usual stash of "Yodels" or "Hostess Cupcakes". Instead, she came back with a quizzical look holding up a bag of Cheese Doodles - which were never in my house before. "Why did your mom get this? she asked." "Don't know" I said.

Well, a few minutes later as we were making our way down the big plastic bag of doodles, Stephanie suddenly felt something in the bag and screamed - "there's something strange in the bag"... I turn the lights on (they were off for the movie) and I bravely inspected the foreign item inside the bag. I found myself holding a new roll of Scotch-tape in a plastic container. On the bag it said "Free Scotch Tape Inside". Need I say more?



This clue, being on Flighline's blog and all made me feel so patriotic that I just had to write this little tribute for the boys at Flightline and OSI.

Sung to the tune of "Over There"
Words & Music by: George M. Cohan. Parody by WebWendy

"Johnnie get your pin, get your pin, get your pin,
Sell it on the BIN, on the BIN, on the BIN,
Hear them calling you and me;
Every son of Libearty
Hurry right away, no delay, go today,
Make your daddy glad to have had such a plaid
Tell your feedback not to pine,
To be proud her toy's online.

Chorus:
OSI here, OSI here
Send the keyword, send the keyword,
OSI here
That the hunks are coming,
The hunks are coming,
The moms run streaming everywhere
So prepare,
Stay Adware
Send the keyword,
Send the keyword to be rare
We'll be Over-ture, we're coming Over-ture.
And we won't be back till it's OSI over there!"

2008 WebWendy all rights reserved price

No comments: